Germany is one of the most visited countries on the European continent. Endowed with natural beauty and filled with bustling cities and a great culture, it is an interesting country to explore. Apart from this, it is a land of opportunities for students as well as those looking for a job. But before you make your plans and pack your bags, it is important to apply for a Germany visa. If you are planning to visit Germany for tourism or leisure, you need to apply for a Germany tourist visa or Schengen visa, which is a common visa for all Schengen countries. Moreover, if you are a resident of the UAE or Dubai, it is possible to apply for a Germany visa in Dubai. Applying for a Germany visa can be a bit confusing. Hence, we present to you the 10 most frequently asked questions and their answers regarding Germany visa to clear your doubts.
1. Who can apply for Germany visa in Dubai?
All UAE residents living in Dubai or anywhere else in the country can apply for Germany visa in Dubai. If you belong to the 62 countries that are exempt from applying for a short-term Germany visa, i.e., the Schengen visa, you can fly to the country without a pre-approved visa. These countries include the USA, Australia, UAE, Canada, Singapore, etc. However, if you belong to a country that needs a Germany visa to enter the country, you need not visit your home country to apply for one. Instead, you can complete the process in Dubai.
2. What are the types of Germany visa?
Different types of Germany visas are available, as per the purpose of a person’s visit. Here are the different types of Germany visas you can apply for:
- Visitor or Tourist Visa: Also known as the Schengen visa, this visa is for those who want to visit the country for tourism purposes.
- Business Visa: Those who want to be in Germany for business purpose need to apply for this visa. With this visa, you can stay in the country for more than 90 days within a 6-month period.
Family Reunion Visa: Family members of residents or citizens of Germany can visit them using the family reunion visa.
- Working Visa: As the name suggests, this visa is for foreign nationals who have found a job in Germany.
- Job Seeker Visa: This visa is for those professionals who want to visit Germany to find a job in the country.
- Studying and Language Learning Visa: This is for foreign nationals who want to visit Germany only to be a part of a language course or to complete their studies at an educational institution in Germany.
- Guest Scientist Visa: The guest scientist visa is for a visiting scientist or researcher who has been invited by an institute to conduct a particular research or study.
- Medical Treatment Visa: If you are planning to visit Germany to seek medical treatment, you need to get this visa.
- Internship/Training Visa: Nationals of third-world countries seeking training or internship in Germany can apply for this visa.
- Trade Fair & Exhibition Visa: If you want to attend an exhibition or trade fair in Germany, you need to get this visa.
- Visa for Cultural, Film Crew, Sports, and Religious Event Purpose: People who are a part of a film crew as well as those who are participating in a cultural, sports, and religious event need to get this Germany visa.
3. What is the right time to apply for a Germany visa?
One can apply for a Germany visa anytime from 6 months to 15 days before the date of traveling to Germany.
4. What is the processing time for Germany visa?
It takes around 15 days for the visa application to be processed. Hence, it is important to submit the application at least a few weeks before you intend to travel to the country.
5. What is the validity of a Germany tourist or visit visa?
A common doubt among visitors is how long can one stay in Germany with a Schengen visa? It varies as per country. The validity of a Germany visit or tourist visa is 3 months. With this visa, you can stay in Germany for 90 days within a period of 180 days.
6. Where should I submit my Germany visa application in Dubai?
The Germany visa application can be submitted at germanyvisa.ae. We are a visa agency that will support you through the entire Germany visa application process. Right from helping you select the right type of visa to submitting your documents at the visa center and scheduling your visa interview, we will guide you through each step.
7. What are the basic documents required for a Germany visa?
Here is the list of documents you need to submit while applying for a Germany visit visa or tourist visa:
- Visa application form
- Valid passport
- Passport size photographs
- Bank statements of last 3 months
- Schengen travel insurance
- Proof of accommodation
- Proof of flight reservation
- Cover letter or invitation letter
8. Can my Germany visa application get rejected?
If you are aware of most common reasons for Germany visa rejection, you will find it easier to acquire a visa successfully. Your Germany visa application can be rejected for the following reasons:
- Incorrect or false documents
- Unclear purpose of visit
- Insufficient funds in the bank account
- Inadequate cover letter or letter of invitation
- Invalid passport
- Insufficient proof of itinerary
- Lack of travel insurance
9. Is it difficult to get Germany tourist visa from Dubai?
No. Residents of Dubai or UAE can easily get a Germany tourist visa from Dubai by submitting the supporting documents and attending the visa interview. You can contact us for assistance in relation to Germany visa.
10. What type of Germany visa will I get?
The type of Germany visa you get will depend on the purpose of your visit. It is extremely important to apply for the right type of visa while submitting your visa application form and documents. If your visa type and purpose of visit do not match, your visa application is likely to be rejected.
Applying for a Germany tourist visa on your own can be a bit daunting. Hence, it is best to approach a reliable visa agency like germanyvisa.ae who will take care of the entire process and ensure that you receive the Germany visa on time.