Germany attracts millions of tourists each year with its wide range of tourist spots. In 2017 alone, about 459.6 million visitors visited the country. Other than tourist spots, Germany is also popular for its food, beers, and hospitality. Regardless of your reason for visiting the country as a tourist, you need a Germany Visa to legally enter and stay in the country. If you are planning to visit Germany, knowing about different types of visas for Germany and the other aspects related to it will help you choose the right visa and apply for it. Germany is one of the countries in the list of 26 Schengen Area Countries In Europe. Hence, getting a German visa means you get access to Schengen countries as well making it a great destination to add in case you are planning a multi-country Europe trip. Read on to know about these aspects in detail.
Who Should Apply for a Germany Tourist/Visitor Visa?
Germany has signed facilitation agreements with more than 60 countries. The list includes the US, the UK, Japan, Australia, and many more. Germany visa is mandatory for the citizens of those countries who haven’t signed this agreement with Germany.
Some of the countries that need Schengen visa include Afghanistan, Bahrain, Azerbaijan, Oman, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, China, Syria, Thailand, Central African Republic, etc. It is important to check whether you need a Germany visa before you start planning your trip to the country.
Types of Visas for Germany
Before applying for a German visa, you need to know about types of Germany visa available to ensure you choose the appropriate one for your trip. A Germany visa for a short-stay trip is valid for 90 days, if you are planning to apply for a short-stay visa. It is also called a C-type visa. For a longer haul or if you wish to stay in Germany for a longer duration, you must apply for a D-type visa which is a German long-stay visa.
When it comes to choosing a visa, a lot depends on the purpose for which you wish to visit Germany. Based on this aspect, you can apply for any one of the following visa documents to legally enter and stay in Germany:
- Germany Tourist Visa
- Germany Visa for Visiting Family/Friends
- Germany Business Visa
- Official Visit Visa
- Germany Medical Visa
- Germany Visa for Film/Sports/Cultural Crews
- Germany Exhibitions/Trade Fair Visa
- Germany Internship/Training Visa
- Germany Airport Transit Visa
- Germany Transit Visa
The different forms of German visas stated above are meant for distinct purposes. You can choose one of them by considering your purpose for visiting Germany. If you are not sure which one to choose from the above-mentioned options, you can consider getting professional help or guidance to make an informed decision.
Germany Tourist/Visitor Visa Fee
As is the case with other visa applications, you must pay a fee for the successful processing of your Germany tourist/visitor visa. The fee for the visa application may be around 80 euros. Candidates who belong to certain categories are eligible for exemptions. Don’t forget to check whether you are eligible for such exemptions, depending on the category to which you belong.
When to Apply for a Visitor/Tourist Visa to Germany?
If you wish to apply for a tourist or visitor visa to Germany at a later date, you can do so six months before the day of your trip. On short notice, you can apply for it just two weeks before your travel date.
In general, the processing of visa applications takes at least 10 days. But given the possibility of delays in the processing of visa applications, it is strongly recommended that you apply for your visa 3 months before the day on which you take the trip.
Where to Apply for a Visitor/Tourist Visa to Germany?
To apply for a Germany visa from Dubai, you can contact us at germanyvisa.ae. We are a Germany visa expert agency who will guide you through the entire process of applying for a Germany tourist visa. All you need to do is submit the right supporting documents, and we will fire up the visa application process for you.
Germany Visa Requirements and Application Process
You will need to submit certain documents for the successful processing of your visa application. These include the ones given below.
- Application form filled up in German/English
- A declaration that the furnished details are credible
- Identical passport-sized photos as per the requirements of the Schengen state
- A valid national passport not older than 10 years and validity of at least 3 months from the date of returning from Germany. Your passport should have at least one blank page for affixing the sticker
- Statements of personal bank account for three months
- A confirmation letter from an insurance provider stating coverage of 30,000 Euros
- Proof of accommodation (either hotel booking or letter of confirmation from friends)
- Proof of flight reservation
- Sponsorship from someone you know or proof of your income
- Leave approval letter from your employer if you have a job
- No objection certificate from the educational institution in which you study (if you are a student) or the company at which you work (if you are a job holder)
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate/child’s birth certificate)
For minors, the consent letter and visa form signed by their parents and the copy of the page containing the data of their parent’s passport are mandatory. These documents are required for the approval of the visa application of minors who wish to apply for a Germany visa.
How to Apply for Germany Visa from Dubai
Once you have got in touch with us for your Germany visa requirements, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, we will determine the type of Germany visa you need depending on the purpose of your visit.
- Second, you will have to submit the list of documents required to procure the visa.
- You will also have to pay the Germany visa fee.
- Once we receive the documents, we will submit them at the Germany visa processing center in Dubai.
- You will have to attend an interview at the center on the scheduled date.
- Once you have attended the interview, all you need to do is await the response from the visa authorities.
Normally, the processing of visa applications takes around 10 days. However, it can take even longer than this duration, especially during the peak holiday season. So, apply for your visa accordingly.
If you are planning a trip to Germany, bearing the above details in mind will help you apply for a Germany visa and obtain it. If necessary, don’t hesitate to approach an expert for professional help/assistance regarding the submission of your visa application for a German visa.